DHHS → Aging & Disability → Aging Services → Home Care: Where to Find it → Choosing a Home Care Agency
Home care: Where to find It
Choosing a Home Care Agency
These are some questions you might want to ask when arranging for home care services:
- Is the agency registered with or licensed or certified by the State?
- Is the agency bonded or does it carry liability insurance?
- Does the agency conduct criminal background checks on employees?
- What training does the staff receive?
- Does the agency require the assigned worker to call if he/she is not coming?
- If the assigned worker cannot come, does the agency provide a substitute?
- Who do I call if there is a problem with the worker who comes into my home?
- Can I reach the agency on evenings and weekends?