- Indicators of abuse are actual signs of symptoms that suggest that abuse has occurred
or is likely to occur. They may be physical or behavioral.
- Physical indicators include injuries or signs of restraint.
- Behavioral indicators include the conduct of, or interactions between, the victim
and the abuser.
- It would not fit your mandate.
- Adults have the right to make their own decisions unless adjudicated incapacitated
by a Probate Judge.
- Self-neglect refers to persons who may have lost the ability to care for themselves
due to their physical or mental impairment, as opposed to persons who have chosen an
- A threat to an adult's health or welfare by physical or mental injury or impairment;
deprivation of essential needs or lack of protection from these.