DHHS → Aging & Disability → Aging Services → Alcohol and Substance Abuse Resource Directory → National/International
Alcohol and Substance Abuse Resource Directory - National/International
- Substance Abuse Resource Guide - This guide was compiled from a variety of publications and data bases and represents the most current information to date. It is not an all-inclusive listing of materials on this topic. This guide will be updated regularly, and your comments or suggestions are welcome. To suggest information or materials that might be included in future editions, please write to the National Clearinghouse for Alcohol and Drug Information, P.O. Box 2345, Rockville, MD 20847-2345, or to email@example.com.
- Adult Children of Alcoholics - ACA's frequently stay in abusive situations. Abusers may be parents, employers, spiritual advisors, lovers, spouses, friends, sponsors or yes, therapists. Abuse arises from a sick need, (frequently of someone who was also abused) to control, vent anger, boost a sick ego, or to stamp out signs of health, dissension, independence, love, kindness, or joy--expressions which the abuser resents or doesn't understand and may thus label as "weakness".
- National Institute on Aging - The NIA promotes healthy aging by conducting and supporting biomedical, social, and behavioral research and public education.
- Alcoholics Anonymous - This is the official website which was created and is maintained by Alcoholics Anonymous World Services, Inc.
- National Directory of Drug Abuse and Alcoholism Treatment and Prevention Programs - SAMHSA's mission is to assure that quality substance abuse and mental health services are available to the people who need them and to ensure that prevention and treatment knowledge is used more effectively in the general health care system.
- National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism - The NIAAA supports and conducts biomedical and behavioral research on the causes, consequences, treatment, and prevention of alcoholism and alcohol-related problems. NIAAA also provides leadership in the national effort to reduce the severe and often fatal consequences of these problems.
- Addiction Research Foundation - ARF is one of North America's pre-eminent facilities for research into alcohol, tobacco and other drug problems. The Foundation's mission is to work with its partners to create and apply knowledge to prevent and reduce the harm associated with alcohol, tobacco and other drugs in Ontario communities.
- National Institute on Drug Abuse - NIDA was established as the Federal focal point for research, treatment, prevention and training services, and data collection on the nature and extent of drug abuse.
- Research Institute on Addiction - A component of the New York State Office of Alcoholism and Substance Abuse Services, RIA in Buffalo, New York, is a national leader in alcohol and substance abuse prevention, treatment, and policy research.
- Intervention Center - Intervention resources A resource for a family or an organization dealing with someone involved in alcohol, drugs, or some other self-destructive behavior. for those dealing with alcoholism, drug addiction, gambling, computer addiction, and other self-destructive behaviors.