Downeast - District 7 Public Health Unit
The Downeast Public Health Unit has its office in Machias but uses the DHHS offices in Calais and Ellsworth as satellite sites and includes the following staff:
- 1 District Liaison (located in Machias)
- 1 Infectious Disease Epidemiologist (located in Bangor);
- 3 Public Health Nurses (one each in Machias, Calais, and Ellsworth) and 1 Public Health Nurse Supervisor (located in Bangor);
- 2 Eating & Lodging Inspectors (located in Rockland and Ellsworth),
- 2 Field Drinking Water Inspector (located in Bangor).
The Unit office is located at the DHHS Office at 38 Prescott Drive in Machias.
Local Health Officer
- LHO Fact Sheet (PDF*)
For more information contact, Al May at 255-2017 or firstname.lastname@example.org