Oral Health Maps
A Series of Maps Describing Professional and Prevention Resources, Maine, 2011
These maps are intended to provide a visual picture of Maine’s dental professional resources (dentists and dental hygienists), dental clinics, and selected preventive programs, including school-based oral health programs and community water fluoridation. They are based on the most recent data available in the fall of 2011, and will be updated as new data becomes available. A map that will locate Independent Practice Dental Hygienists and also show the service areas covered by Public Health Dental Hygienists providing school-linked services while using Public Health Supervision status is under development and will be added to this package.
The maps were constructed by Santosh Nazare, MBBS, MPH, CPH, Epidemiologist/ Research Associate I, University of Southern Maine Department of Applied Medical Sciences, in collaboration with the Maine CDC Oral Health Program.
The production of these maps was supported by Cooperative Agreement Number 5U58DP001591 from the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. They are solely the responsibility of the authors and do not necessarily represent the official views of the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
Download individual maps:
- Explanatory notes (pdf*)
- Map 1. Dental Workforce: Active Dentists by County (pdf*)
- Map 2. Dental Workforce: Active Dentists (population density) (pdf*)
- Map 3. Dental Workforce: Active Dental Specialists (excluding pediatrics) (pdf*)
- Map 4. Dental Workforce: Active Pediatric Dentists (pdf*)
- Map 5. Dental Workforce: Dentist to Population Ratio (pdf*)
- Map 6. Dental Workforce: Active Dental Hygienists by County (pdf*)
- Map 7. Safety Net Dental Clinics (pdf*)
- Map 8. Schools with State Funded Fluoride Mouthrinse Program (pdf*)
- Map 9. Schools with State Funded Sealant Program (pdf*)
- Map 10. Communities with Fluoridated Public Water Supply (pdf*)