Comprehensive Cancer Control
The bullets below identify and describe some of the current efforts of the Maine Comprehensive Cancer Control Program.
- Distributing Screen ME! Colon Cancer Community Action Kits to all Maine Public Health Districts.
- Awarded funds to facilitate the establishment, development and implementation of a free Colorectal Cancer Control Program to reduce the burden of colorectal cancer in Maine.
- Publishing the first Maine Cancer Surveillance Document.
- Provide sun safety education and information kits to Maine Parks and Recreation Departments across the state.
- Supporting the Maine Cancer Consortium , and its workgroups, in its collaborative effort to reduce the overall burden of cancer in Maine.
- Facilitating the revision and republication of the Maine Comprehensive Cancer Control plan: 2011-2015.
- Conducting participatory evaluation of the Maine Comprehensive Cancer Control Program, the Maine Cancer Consortium, and implementation of the Maine Cancer Plan.
- Developing a scan of policy, systems, and environmental changes for tobacco, physical activity, and nutrition including a gap analysis.