Useful Websites - Statistical Information
- Division of Chronic Disease, MCDC
The Division of Community Health promotes and protects the health of the citizens of Maine through programs focusing on the prevention and control of chronic diseases and their risk factors, injury prevention and control, oral health, the health of Maine's youth, and on health promotion.
Chronic Disease: National and International
- Chronic Disease Prevention and Health Promotion, CDC
- Maine Cancer Registry
The Maine Cancer Registry (MCR) is a statewide population-based cancer surveillance system.
- Susan G. Komen for the Cure Maine
Cancer: National and International
- Cancer Prevention and Control, CDC
CDC is a leader in nationwide cancer prevention and control, working with national organizations, state health agencies and other key groups to develop, implement, and promote effective cancer prevention and control practices.
- Surveillance Epidemiology and End Results (SEERS), National Cancer Institute
Provides information on cancer statistics to help reduce the burden of the disease on the U.S. population.
- American Association for Cancer Research
The AACR is the oldest and largest scientific organization in the world focused on every aspect of high-quality, innovative cancer research.
- American Cancer Society (ACS)
The American Cancer Society (ACS) is a nationwide, community-based voluntary health organization.
- American Society of Clinical Oncology
- CANCERMondial, International Association of Cancer Registries (IACR)
This website provides access to information on the occurrence of cancer world-wide held by the Descriptive Epidemiology Groups of IARC.
- Clinical Trials Information
ClinicalTrials.gov is a registry of federally and privately supported clinical trials conducted in the United States and around the world.
- International Agency for Research on Cancer
IARC's mission is to coordinate and conduct research on the causes of human cancer, the mechanisms of carcinogenesis, and to develop scientific strategies for cancer control.
- Lance Armstrong Foundation
A Cancer Foundation
- National Cancer Institute
The National Cancer Institute coordinates the National Cancer Program, which conducts and supports research, training, health information dissemination, and other programs with respect to the cause, diagnosis, prevention, and treatment of cancer, rehabilitation from cancer, and the continuing care of cancer patients and the families of cancer patients.
- North American Association of Central Cancer Registries
The North American Association of Central Cancer Registries, Inc. (NAACCR, Inc.), is a professional organization that develops and promotes uniform data standards for cancer registration; provides education and training; certifies population-based registries; aggregates and publishes data from central cancer registries; and promotes the use of cancer surveillance data and systems for cancer control and epidemiologic research, public health programs, and patient care to reduce the burden of cancer in North America.
- Maine Cardiovascular Health Program, MCDC
The Maine CDC Cardiovascular Health Program in the Maine Department of Health and Human Services works to prevent death and disability from heart disease and stroke in Maine.
Cardiovascular Health: National And International
- Division for Heart Disease Stroke Prevention
The Division's mission is to provide public health leadership to improve cardiovascular health for all, reduce the burden, and eliminate disparities associated with heart disease and stroke.
- American Heart Association
The American Heart Association offers a wide array of programs, products and services, from patient education materials to scientific statements.
- American Stroke Association
The American Stroke Association offers a wide array of programs, products and services, from patient education materials to scientific statements.
- National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute
The National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute (NHLBI) provides leadership for a national program in diseases of the heart, blood vessels, lung, and blood; blood resources; and sleep disorders.
- National Stroke Association
- Maine Diabetes Prevention and Control Program, MCDC
Diabetes: National and International
- CDC Public Health Resource, Division of Diabetes Translation (DDT)
- American Association of Diabetes Educators (AADE)
AADE is an association of healthcare professionals dedicated to integrating successful self-management as a key outcome in the care of people with diabetes and related conditions.
- American Diabetes Association (ADA)
The mission of the Association is to prevent and cure diabetes and to improve the lives of all people affected by diabetes.
- National Diabetes Education Program (NDEP)
The National Diabetes Education Program is a federally funded program sponsored by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services' National Institutes of Health and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and includes over 200 partners at the federal, state, and local levels, working together to reduce the morbidity and mortality associated with diabetes.
- National Diabetes Information Clearinghouse (NDIC)
A diabetes clearinghouse.
- National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases (NIDDK)
The National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases (NIDDK) conducts and supports basic and clinical research on many of the most serious diseases affecting public health.
- Maine Asthma Prevention and Control Program, MCDC
The Program aims to bring together resources to address asthma in Maine from a public health perspective.
- Maine Indoor Air Quality Council
The Maine Indoor Air Quality Council is an interdisciplinary cooperative of professionals formed in 1998 to promote the improvement of all indoor air environments in the state.
- Partnership For A Tobacco-Free Maine, MCDC
The Partnership For A Tobacco-Free Maine (PTM) is the Maine State tobacco prevention and control program. Its mission is to reduce death and disability from tobacco use among Maine citizens by creating an environment supportive of a tobacco-free life.
/dhhs/population-health/hmp/ptm/index.html and http://www.tobaccofreemaine.org/
Respiratory Health: National and International
- Air Pollution and Respiratory Health Program, CDC
- American Lung Association
The mission of the American Lung Association™ is to prevent lung disease and promote lung health.