Ready-to-Feed or Pre-Prepared Formulas
The USDA Food and Nutrition Service determined that all WIC formulas must be issued in powder or concentrated liquid forms unless:
- The participant's household has unsanitary or restricted water supply or poor refrigeration.
- The person caring for the infant is unable to correctly dilute the concentrated or powder form.
- The formula is only available in ready-to-feed form.
Forspecial medical /prescription formulas only, RTF may also be used if:
- It better accommodates the infant or child's condition.
- It improves the likelihood that the infant/child will consume the formula.
Pre-prepared added starch formulas can be made available for infants with severe gastroesophageal reflux through Maine WIC in the special situation where a child's caregiver is unable to correctly mix and thicken the formula with cereal.
- Monday - Friday 8am-5pm
- Voice: (207) 287-3991
Instate Toll Free:
TTY: Maine relay 711
- Mailing address:
11 State House Station, Augusta, ME 04333
Phone Number to your
Local WIC Clinic
East Wilton 207-645-3764
Presque Isle 207-768-3026
FY Policies (PDF*)
- Recalls, Market Withdrawals, & Safety Alerts
- Produce Safety
- FDA Looks for Answers on Arsenic in Rice
- Dole Fresh Vegetables Announces Precautionary Recall of Limited Number of Salads
- Keeping Your Food and Water Safe during Floods, Hurricanes, and Power Outages
- Constituent Updates
- Bumble Bee Foods Voluntary Recall on 5-Ounce Chunk Light Tuna Products Due to Loose Seals
- Townsend Farms Voluntarily Recalls
- Kraft Voluntarily Recalls String Cheese
- Garden-Fresh Foods Expanded Recall