Breastfeed ... it's too important not to!
If you are pregnant, talk to your WIC counselor about the many benefits of breastfeeding for both you and your baby. Find out how easy it is for you to provide your baby with the healthiest start in life.
Many WIC agencies in Maine also have a Mom to Mom Program with Breastfeeding Peer Counselors who will listen to your concerns and answer your questions.
What is a Breastfeeding Peer Counselor? A mom just like you, available day and night, experienced at breastfeeding and trained to help solve common problems and know when medical help is needed.
Many breastfeeding concerns can be easily fixed!
You can also get help with breastfeeding from:
- Monday - Friday 8am-5pm
- Voice: (207) 287-3991
Instate Toll Free:
TTY: Maine relay 711
- Mailing address:
11 State House Station, Augusta, ME 04333
Phone Number to your
Local WIC Clinic
East Wilton 207-645-3764
Presque Isle 207-768-3026
FY Policies (PDF*)
- Recalls, Market Withdrawals, & Safety Alerts
- Produce Safety
- FDA Looks for Answers on Arsenic in Rice
- Dole Fresh Vegetables Announces Precautionary Recall of Limited Number of Salads
- Keeping Your Food and Water Safe during Floods, Hurricanes, and Power Outages
- Constituent Updates
- Bumble Bee Foods Voluntary Recall on 5-Ounce Chunk Light Tuna Products Due to Loose Seals
- Townsend Farms Voluntarily Recalls
- Kraft Voluntarily Recalls String Cheese
- Garden-Fresh Foods Expanded Recall