State Office of Rural Health (SORH)
The SORH program provides funding to help coordinate rural health initiatives and strengthen rural health. The mission of the State Office of Rural Health is to help its individual rural communities build health care delivery systems.
- Collection and Dissemination of Information
- Coordination of Rural Health Resources and Activities Statewide
- Rural Medical Access Program - The Rural Medical Access Program ensures that doctors who deliver babies are available in rural and underserved communities. More details...
- Provision of Technical Assistance
- Encourage Recruitment and Retention of Health Professionals in Rural Areas
- Associate Membership in the 3RNet
- National Rural Recruitment and Retention Network (3RNet) members are not-for-profit organizations helping health professionals find jobs in rural and underserved areas throughout the country. Visit website. More details....
- Participate in Strengthening State, Local and Federal Partnerships
Contact for more information
Matthew Chandler Director