Local Health Officer Training
Section 2: Learning Objectives
- You will be able to describe the LHO’s overall roles.
- This course covers the differences between mandatory duties and those duties that are authorized but not mandatory.
- You will learn about the scope of the LHO authority.
- You will be able to demonstrate your knowledge of the LHO roles through short knowledge checks.
- You will be able to describe how an LHO addresses commonly occurring situations where the nuisance comes with a variety of legal penalties.
- This objective covers situations where the LHO is empowered by the fact that the nuisance carries with it a fine or the ability to apply a lien to the property.
- This course outlines the procedures to follow in these common situations.
- You will be able to demonstrate your knowledge of mandatory duties through short knowledge checks using brief examples.