Office of Health Equity
The Office of Health Equity promotes health and wellness in Maine's racial and ethnic minority communities.
- Cultural and Linguistic Competence: Address cultural and linguistic barriers to accessing all health services resulting in improved systems that are both culturally and linguistically competent.
- National Standards for Culturally and Linguistically Appropriate Services in Health Care Source (pdf*) (new window): U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, OPHS, Office of Health Equity
- Data Collection: Enhance data systems and improve the collection of racial and ethnic data in order to better understand and identify existing health disparities.
- Standards for the Classification of Federal Data on Race and Ethnicity Source :(new window) Office of Management and Budget (OMB)
- Partnerships and Collaboration: Service to inform, advise, and assist in prioritizing actions to efficiently and effectively address racial and ethnic health disparities.