REQUIREMENTS FOR MOBILE X-RAY SERVICE IN MAINE
To provide a mobile x-ray service to the State of Maine each owner of the x-ray service must:
- Submit to Radiation Control Program list of Technologist and Radiologist and copies of their state licenses and credentials employed by the service,
- Submit to the Radiation Control Program a list of sites where mobile unit will be used,
- Complete and submit to the Radiation Control Program the registration forms with the proper registration fee. Use form HHE 804 for fee submission and form HHE 805 for (each) x-ray machine data.
- Have the x-ray equipment inspected by a Qualified Expert before unit is used in the State of Maine and every 2 years. A copy of this report must be sent to the Radiation Control Program, any areas of non-compliance must be repaired/adjusted within 60 days and a copy of the service representative's report sent to the Radiation Control Program. If you can submit by e-mail please send to Radiation.DHHS@Maine.gov, and
- Have a Quality Assurance Program and perform the necessary test to assure good quality.
FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION CALL THE RADIATION CONTROL PROGRAM AT: