REQUIREMENTS FOR DENTAL FACILITY IN MAINE
To open a Dental x-ray facility or add an additional x-ray unit in the State of Maine, each owner of the x-ray facility must:
- Have a shielding design (a drawing of the purposed x-ray facility indicating what shielding material is required) performed by a Qualified Expert, If this is a replacement x-ray unit used in the same facility in the same room, please fill out the form HHE804A and get it signed by your Qualified Expert and you may not need to get another shielding design done.
- Submit the shielding design to the Radiation Control Program for review. Send to Radiation.DHHS@Maine.gov
- Complete and submit to the Radiation Control Program the registration form with the proper registration fee. Use form HHE 804 for fee submission and form HHE 805 for (each) x-ray machine data.
- Have the x-ray equipment inspected by a Qualified Expert within a year of installation and every 3 years thereafter. A copy of this inspection report must be sent to the Radiation Control Program, any areas of non-compliance must be repaired/adjusted within 60 days and a copy of the service representative's report sent to the Radiation Control Program.
- Post safety rules at the control panel.
FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION CALL THE RADIATION CONTROL PROGRAM AT: