Direct Service Worker Training Enrollment
How do I enroll in the LIMITED OFFER for FREE TRAINING?
This innovative pilot will be delivered using both online training and lab training and can be completed in just seven weeks. The course begins with a one day classroom orientation to introduce you to the course, your instructor and your fellow students. While most of the time during the seven weeks you will complete training online and at your own pace, you will be required to attend an in-person lab at the end of week 3, week 5, and week 7. Your instructor will be checking in with you regularly to answer any questions and to discuss what you're learning.
:Upon successful completion of the course, you will have earned a PSS certificate. The lab portion of the course will be offered in five locations around the state:
- South Portland
The online training can be completed wherever you have access to a computer and the internet. The entire course will be taught by qualified, approved trainers.
Pilot participants must meet certain criteria in order to take this training:
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must not have completed PSS certification.
- Must not be a certified Nursing Assistant (CNA).
- Must not have a disqualifying annotation in the CNA registry.
- Must be able to pass a background check to be hired for a job.
- Must have access to a computer and internet.
- Must have basic computer skills and an active email address.
The next training session will be held in the July of 2013, for further information, please contact: