Planning, Development, Quality (Formerly CON)

Continuing Care Retirement Communities (CCR)

To operate a Continuing Care Retirement Community in Maine, a person must submit an application to the Bureau of Insurance (BOI) for a preliminary Certificate of Authority to operate a CCRC. If approved, Certificate of Need Unit (CONU) provides certain assurances to the BOI in order for a certificate to be granted. See 24-A MRSA chapter 73 and 10-149 CMR Chapter 5, Section 72.