Medical Marijuana Dispensaries Selected for All Eight Districts
The Division of Licensing and Regulatory Services (DLRS) in the Department of Health and Human Services announced the selection of the last two dispensaries needed to complete the statewide dispensary system.
The dispensary system has been established to assist registered patients whose physicians believe they will benefit from the medical use of marijuana for certain serious medical conditions.
The dispensaries were chosen based on criteria outlined in the application instructions, including their plan to operate as a non-profit corporation long-term, convenience of location, prior business experience, patient education, record-keeping, inventory, and quality control.
Those who obtained the highest scores in their Districts and met the required minimum score of 70 were:
- District 1 (York County): Safe Harbor Maine, Inc
- District 2 (Cumberland County): Northeast Patients Group
- District 3 (Androscoggin, Franklin, Oxford Counties): Remedy Compassion Center
- District 4 (Knox, Lincoln, Sagadahoc, Waldo Counties): Northeast Patients Group
- District 5 (Kennebec, Somerset Counties): Northeast Patients Group
- District 6 (Penobscot, Piscataquis Counties): Northeast Patients Group
- District 7 (Hancock, Washington): Primary Organic Therapy, Inc
- District 8 (Aroostook County): Safe Alternatives of Fort Kent
Cathy Cobb, Director of DLRS, will be meeting with each dispensary chief executive to review their progress and discuss the next steps. She anticipates it will take between two and three months for a dispensary to be open to patients.
Medical Marijuana Winning Applicant Information
|D1 - Canuvo, Inc.
||6 Wellspring Road, Biddeford||Glenn Peterson
|D2 - Northeast Patients Group||959 Congress Street, Portland||Rebecca DeKeuster, M.Ed.
|D3 – Remedy Compassion Center||730 Center Street., Suite 1-C, Auburn Plaza, Auburn||Timothy Smale
|D4 - Northeast Patients Group||153 New County Road, Thomaston||Rebecca DeKeuster, M.Ed.
|D5 - Northeast Patients Group 13||Water Street,
10 Middle Road, Augusta
|Rebecca DeKeuster, M.Ed.
|D6 - Northeast Patients Group||601 Coldbrook Road, Hermon||Rebecca DeKeuster, M.Ed.
|D7 - Primary Organic Therapies||106 Maine Street, Whitneyville||Derek Brock
|D8 – Safe Alternatives of Fort Kent||267 Main Street, Fort Kent||Mills Leo Trudell
View Scoring Sheet (PDF)