Customer Support staff will take your complaint calls regarding medical facilities, assisted living programs, residential care facilities, adult day care, child care, mental healthy agencies and substance abuse agencies.
If your complaint involves abuse or neglect of a child in a licensed facility, the DLRS Out of Home Investigations Unit is legislatively mandated to investigate your complaint and will coordinate findings with our licensing staff.
If your complaint involves abuse, neglect or exploitation of a dependent or incapacitated adult, it will be referred to Adult Protective Services. Licensing staff will work closely with Adult Protective caseworkers on these investigations.
Licensing & Regulatory Services (Monday - Friday 8:00 - 5:00):
- Telephone: 1 (800) 791-4080; please leave a voice message after 5:00 p.m.
- TDD number: Maine Relay 711 (24 hrs/7 days a week)
Hotline Numbers (Monday - Friday 8:00 - 5:00):
- Medical, Nursing, Residential Care Facilities, Customer Support: 1 (800) 383-2441; please leave a voice message after 5:00 p.m.
- Home Health Hotline: 1 (800) 621-8222; please leave a voice message after 5:00 p.m.
- CNA Registry: To report complaints of abuse, neglect or misappropriation, please call the complaint line at 1 (800) 383-2441; please leave a voice message after 5:00 p.m.
Emergency Phone Number:
- Live help available 24 hours, 7 days a week: 1 (800) 452-1999
Updated May 29, 2014