Notice: To report complaints of abuse, neglect, or misappropriation call the complaint line: 1(800)383-2441
Provider Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- First, in order for us to verify any CNA’s status on the Registry, you need to provide us with his/her social security number when you call.
- If there are no annotation(s), we will say so. If there are annotations, you must provide the CNA’s date of birth as a second identifier before we can talk to you about the specific annotation(s).
[back to top]
- If there are no annotations, the answer is “yes.” If there are annotations, we do not really consider the CNA to be in “good” standing, although most facilities may still hire the CNA as long as the individual is active on the Registry. Some facilities may have rules prohibiting them from hiring any annotated CNA. Most facilities, however, are free to evaluate each job candidate and make their hiring decisions based on many factors.
- If the CNA has any substantiated complaints of abuse, neglect, or misappropriation, he/she will be listed as inactive on the Registry and will not be allowed to work anywhere in Maine as a CNA.
- However, if the annotation was for neglect or for submitting a fraudulent application, the CNA may petition the Department for reinstatement to the Registry at the expiration of a one (1) year period, beginning on the day that the finding of neglect or fraudulent application was added to the Registry.
[back to top]