Computer Based Training (CBT)
- To use these lessons, your screen resolution should be set to 1024x768 and your Internet Explorer version should be 6.0 or higher. If you have questions about these settings, please contact your local LAN administrator for assistance.
- When you close out of a simulation and it does not take you to the 'Home' page of the CBT's you will have to make a change in your Internet Options. Go to 'Tools' > 'Internet Options' > 'Advanced' > and check 'enable install on Demand (Internet Explorer)'.
Note: To view the CBTs correctly you will need Sun Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment ( SE vi.4.2_05) on your computer. There are two areas to download SunJava:
One option is to go to:1. Go to http://inet.state.me.us/oit/downloads
2. Stroll down the list to "Other Downloads:
3. Click on "Sun JAva (TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition 1.4.2 05"
4. A "File Warning - Security Warning" pop-up box will appear, click on "Run"
Second option is to:
1. go to http://java.sun.com/products/archive/j2se/1.4.2_05/index.html
2. Under the header of "Download J2SE v1.4.2_05" are two choices
3. The choice you want is "32-bit/64-bit for windows/Linus/Solaris SPAC" "JRE"
4. Under "JRE" click on "Download"
5. A "Security Alert" pop-up box will appear, click "Okay"
6. This will take you to the download page
7. Under "Required" check off "Accept"
8. Under the header "Window Platform-Java (TM) 2 Runtime Environment Standard Edition 1.4.2.05"
9. Click on "Windows Offline Installation, Multi-language"
10. A "Security Alert" pop-up box will appear, click "Yes"
11. A "File Warning-Security Warning" pop-up box will appear, click "Run"