Internal Audit (IA) is responsible for monitoring all audits completed on the Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS). This includes the A-133 financial audit conducted by the State Department of Audit as well as compliance audits conducted by the various Federal Agencies which fund DHHS programs.
Other areas of responsibility of IA include:
- Act as a liaison between DHHS program management and audit agencies ensuring audit related questions are fully responded to in a timely manner.
- Review corrective action plans and helps formulate DHHS responses to audit findings.
- Assist in the implementation of internal controls to correct deficiencies identified in audit findings.
- Monitor the effectiveness of controls and recommend changes as necessary.
- Conduct audits and reviews within the Department as directed by the DHHS Audit Committee.
A-133 Compliance Supplements
To view compliance supplements related to Health and Human Services and some Department of Agriculture programs, see A-133 Compliance Supplements in the Social Service section of our website.
- Reporting Fraud
- Toll-Free Fraud Number
- Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services
- Social Security Administration
- Office of Inspector General
- A-133 Compliance Supplement
- IRS (Internal Revenue Service)