Communities for Maine's Future
The Communities for Maine’s Future (CMF) is part of a $25,000,000 bond initiative approved by Maine voters on June 8, 2010. $3.5 million of these funds will be allocated to the CMF program for the purpose of downtown revitalization in Maine communities. The program will be structured very similar to the previous Municipal Investment Trust Fund and will be administered through the Department of Economic and Community Development. Municipalities will be the applicants for projects supporting a public purpose, with emphasis places on collaboration with private sector and non-profit partners. The scoring criteria will require an independent review panel to evaluate the value of the project in terms of economic development, downtown revitalization, historic preservation, tourism development, sustainable development, the degree of collaboration, and more.
Supporting materials are currently being developed and will be featured on this site once they become available.
- Communities for Maine's Future Bond Program Rules: PDF :: MS Word
- Communities for Maine's Future Application Workshop Schedule: PDF :: MS Word
- Components of a Downtown Plan: PDF :: MS Word
- List of Communities with Comprehensive Plans and Downtown Plans: PDF :: XLS
- Communities for Maine's Future Letter of Intent to Apply: PDF :: MS Word
- Communities for Maine's Future Application: PDF :: MS Word