Home → Frequently Asked Questions
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I find the Federal regulations that apply to my business?
Follow the links to find more information under each topic.
- The U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA) provides employer compliance information on various topics such as ergonomics. More information.
- Employers should be aware of their responsibilities under the federal Fair Labor Standards Act. Compliance assistance and information.
- The Fair Labor Standards Act includes provisions for child labor. Determine federal minimum age requirements and other regulations.
- Be sure to determine whether your company must comply with the federal Family and Medical Leave Act.
- The Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) addresses accessibility issues for individuals with disabilities. Information on employment and public accommodation compliance with ADA regulations.
- A federal copyright protects original works of authorship. To determine which works are protected under copyright law.
- A federal patent grants an inventor the right to exclude others from making, using, or selling an invention. Information on patents.
- Some companies choose to file a trademark to protect a name or logo. Information on federal trademarks and service marks.