Town of Richmond
If you're looking for a place to develop, invest, visit or call home, Richmond should be on your list. Richmond has a quaint, historic downtown located on the beautiful Kennebec River, with rural farmland surrounding the town center. Merrymeeting Bay and the coast can be accessed in minutes by boat or car. Yet, via Richmond's Interstate 295 exit, Brunswick/Topsham is only 20 minutes to the south and Augusta only 30 minutes to the north.
Richmond is home to over 150 businesses, ranging from small, home-based businesses to larger employers such as Hodgdon Yachts, Kennebec River Biosciences, and Newman Concrete Services. In this charming small town, you can find a diversity of restaurants, an accessible waterfront, a town forest and freshwater beach, and historic Swan Island. Our annual Richmond Days celebration, seasonal farmer's market and other events throughout the year promote community spirit and historical tradition. Richmond also has a diverse range of housing choices to suit all income levels.
The Town of Richmond offers and takes advantage of a variety of incentives to support business start-up and growth, including revolving loan funds, various tax incentive programs and a strong partnership with the regional Chamber of Commerce, the Maine Department of Economic and Community Development (DECD) and other entities. These partnerships have resulted in millions of dollars in infrastructure and streetscape improvements, building facade improvements and business expansions, and waterfront and town park initiatives.
Please visit www.richmondmaine.com to learn more about what Richmond has to offer.
Richmond at a Glance...
- Certified “Business-Friendly” by State of Maine in 2013
- New sidewalks, streetlights, and other street amenities were installed on Main Street in 2012, courtesy of Community Development Block Grant funds
- Updating its Comprehensive Plan, which will set a vision and course of action for Richmond’s future
Name: Victoria Boundy, Director of Community & Business Development
Phone: (207) 737-4305
Highlights from the review Team
- The Town's successful utilization of local, state and federal programs resulting in significant investments into public infrastructure and downtown revitalization.
- The town's active membership and participation in the Southern Midcoast Chamber of Commerce.
- Its collaboration with local businesses to produce a business resource guide.