Maine State Lottery - Amber Alert Program
The Maine State Lottery is now participating in the AMBER Alert program. The AMBER Alert is a Child Abduction Recovery Program. The goal of the program is to instantly notify the entire state, so that everyone may assist in the search and safe return of an abducted child. The State Emergency Alert System (EAS) will broadcast information in partnership with Maine’s Law Enforcement Agencies, Broadcast Radio and TV Stations, Cable Systems and now the Maine State Lottery with the assistance of over 1,400 retailers.
During an AMBER Alert:
- The Maine Lottery will send an immediate terminal message to over 1,400 Lottery retailers statewide.
- Retailers will be able to print and post copies of the Alert message in their store.
- The Alert message will be re-broadcast to retailers every hour.
- An Alert Cancellation notice will be broadcast to retailers when the Amber Alert is no longer in effect.
- The Alert information will also be displayed on Electronic Lottery Advertising Display Units statewide.
Contact the Bureau
Bureau of Alcoholic Beverages & Lottery Operations
8 State House Station
Augusta, ME 04333-0008