Veteran Community Leader Positions
NOTE - This position has been approved for the use of GI Bill benefits.
- 2014 positions start January 13, 2014 to November 22, 2014 - Current Opportuntities (PDF 143KB)
- Application deadline is October 29, 2013 for postions starting January 13, 2014.
- MCC accepts applications year-round. They are considered for the next open term of service after receipt.
- To read the PDF files on this page you will need a copy of the free Adobe Reader software.
Veteran Community Leaders
Receive an 11-week training session then upon successful graduation are placed with Maine federal, state or non-profit organizations with all the skills needed to:
- Create new trails and rehabilitate exist
- Recruit, train and lead volunteers to create and improve recreational trail systems with a focus on recruiting and training other veterans as community volunteers
- Establish a sustainable, dedicated community volunteer base
- Develop plans for future conservation projects
Term of Service
- Full Term of Service
- Approximately 10 months; a minimum of 1700 hours
- Mid-January through November
- Shortened Term of Service
- Open and ends on a rolling basis depending on host site needs
Read the Current Opportunities (PDF 143KB)
Apply Now - Register & Apply Using AmeriCorps Application
- FAQs on Veterans and AmeriCorps - (Word 31KB)
- Veteran Community Leaders information - (PDF 69KB)
- Veteran Community Leader Handbook - (Word 368KB)
For information on the application process contact:
Maine Conservation Corps
124 State House Station
Augusta ME 04333
207-624-6085 or 1-800-245-5627 (Toll Free in Maine)