Veteran Community Leader Positions
NOTE - This position has been approved for the use of GI benefits.
- 2014 positions start January 13, 2014 to November 22, 2014 - current opportuntities PDF (143KB)
- Application deadline is October 29, 2013 for postions starting January 13, 2014.
- MCC accepts applications year-round. They are considered for the next open term of service after receipt.
- To read the PDF files on this page you will need a copy of the free Adobe Reader software. Download a free copy here.
Veteran Community Leaders
Receive an 11-week training session then upon successful graduation are placed with Maine federal, state or non-profit organizations with all the skills needed to:
- Create new trails and rehabilitate exist
- Recruit, train and lead volunteers to create and improve recreational trail systems with a focus on recruiting and training other veterans as community volunteers
- Establish a sustainable, dedicated community volunteer base
- Develop plans for future conservation projects
Term of Service
- Full Term of Service
- Approximately 10 months; a minimum of 1700 hours.
- Mid-January through November
- Shortened Term of Service
- Open and ends on a rolling basis depending on host site needs.
Read the Current Opportunities PDF(143KB)
- FAQs on Veterans and AmeriCorps - Word Doc (31KB)
- Veteran Community Leaders information - PDF (69KB)
- Veteran Community Leader Handbook - Word doc (368 KB)
For information on the application process contact:
Maine Conservation Corps
124 State House Station
Augusta ME 04333
207-624-6085 or 1-800-245-5627 (Toll Free in Maine)