The Geology of
A note about the bulletin
The Geology of the Sebago Lake State Park by Arthur L. Bloom was originally published in 1959 and reflects the geologic understanding of the time. Since 1959, interpretations of the geology of the area have changed somewhat, but the localities and features discussed in the bulletin will be of interest to anyone planning to visit the park.
- The Geology of Sebago Lake State Park (PDF 0.92Mb)
- Bottom Sediments of Sebago Lake (PDF 0.59Mb)
- Songo Beach, Sebago Lake State Park (PDF 0.45Mb)
- Summary of Sebago Lake Shoreline Change Studies, 1990-1997 (PDF 0.59Mb)
- Why is Sebago Lake so deep? (PDF 0.39Mb)
- Bedrock geology of the Naples 7.5-minute quadrangle (PDF 1.5Mb)
- Surficial geology of the Naples 7.5-minute quadrangle (PDF 2.5Mb)
- Shoreline Classification of Sebago Lake (PDF 14.0Mb)
Bibliography of Maine Geology - use this website to search for other recent mapping and geologic investigations in the Sebago Lake area.
Last updated on December 15, 2014