Flood Information for Lenders & Insurance Agents
- What does community participation in the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP) mean, and how does that affect a homeowner?
- What does a property owner need to do for FEMA to remove the flood insurance requirement?
- What elevation is used when rating a structure for a flood insurance policy?
- How do I determine if a community is participating in the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP)?
- What can be done when a lender and insurer have differing flood zone determinations?
For more information, please review FAQs for Insurance Professionals and Lenders.
Information for Insurance Professionals
Information for Lenders
- Best Available Data for A Zone Areas
- Maine Floodplain Management Handbook
- Inter-Agency Reviews
- Disaster Assistance
To contact the FEMA Region I office in Boston,
please call (617)832-4761 or write:
FEMA Region I
Federal Insurance and Mitigation Division
99 High Street 6th Floor
Boston, MA 02110-2132
Maine Floodplain Management Program
Department of Agriculture, Conservation and Forestry
93 SHS/Williams Pavilion
17 Elkins Lane
Augusta, Maine 04333-0093
Sue Baker, CFM