Maine Pull Events Commission
The Pull Events Commission is tasked with establishing the qualifications and procedure for the certification of Pull Superintendents and Assistant Pull Superintendents and guidelines for dealing with violations at events. It also periodically reviews the statutory rules for pulls and recommends to the Legislature changes as necessary. The commission gives advice and recommendations to the Commissioner on request or as the commission considers necessary and coordinates, develops and conducts Pull Superintendent training seminars.
The Pull Events Commission is authorized by Title 5, section 12004-G, subsection 3-A. Appointments to the Pull Events Commission are for terms of 2 years. The appointing authority fills a vacancy for a full 2-year term and may remove a commission member for cause, which includes poor attendance. The chair shall make recommendations to the appointing authority concerning a removal.
It consists of the following ten members.
- Two members appointed by a statewide association representing owners of draft horses and oxen who participate in pulling events.
- One member appointed by an association representing owners of oxen who participate in pulling events.
- One member appointed by a statewide farmers association representing owners of draft oxen.
- One fair Superintendent appointed by a state association of agricultural fairs.
- One representative appointed by state humane organizations.
- One member, appointed by the Commissioner, representing the general public.
- One member, appointed by the Commissioner, representing the animal Pulling industry.
- One member appointed by the Animal Welfare Advisory Council.
- One member appointed by a statewide farmers association representing owners of draft horses.
- Initial Application for Pull Superintendent Appointment (DOC 320KB)
- Application for Pull Superintendent Appointment (DOC 320KB)
- Initial Application for Certification of Pull Superintendent (DOC 320KB)
- Application for Certification of Pull Superintendent (DOC 320KB)
- Renewal Application Form for Pull Superintendent Certification (DOC 319KB)
- Application to Conduct Pull Event(s) (DOC 327KB)
- Pull Event Results (DOC 320KB)
- Chapter 15 Rules for Superintendents and Assistant Superintendents of Pull Events (DOCX 42KB)
- Chapter 226 Rules Governing the Administration of Certian Substances to Animals Entered in Pulling Competitions 2017 (DOCX 22KB)
The document has moved here.
Apache Server at www.maine.gov Port 80
Maine Draft Horse and Ox Association
P.O. Box 465
Kingfield, ME 04947
Steven Smith Jr.
P.O. Box 71
Phillips, ME 04966
Animal Pull Industry
336 So. Beech Hill Rd.
Pittston, ME 04345
Errol F. Additon
1105 Church hill Road
Leeds, ME 04263
Maine Department of Agriculture, Conservation & Forestry
28 State House Station
Augusta, ME 04333
Maine Assoc. of Agricultural Fairs
C. Richard Hall
P.O. Box 101
East Dixfield, ME 04227
Farmers Draft Horse Association
36 Hideaway Drive
Sidney, ME 04330
Farmers Draft Oxen Association
432 Valley Road
Peru, ME 04290
Pine Tree Ox Assoc.
Brett McConkey (Pull Commission Chair)
P.O. Box 163
Fryeburg, ME 04037
State Humane Organization