Request for Proposals & Charter School Application
Opening School Year 2015-16
Download the following documents in order to complete an application to open and operate a public charter school for the school year 2015-16. Contact MCSC@maine.gov if you encounter any problems with the documents on this page.
Potential applicants must complete the Letter of Intent to Submit a Charter School Application and submit it by June 25, 2014. The Charter School Application is due to the Maine Charter School Commission by 5 p.m. on August 25, 2014.
Review Team Recommendations
The following recommendations were made by the Review Teams on October 15, 2014, followed by a vote by the full Commission to move the applications forward or not.
- Acadia Academy (previously All of ME Academy) (PDF, 788 KB)
- Inspire ME Academy (PDF, 1,000 KB)
- Maine Virtual Academy (PDF, 347 KB)
The following Applications were received by the August 25, 2014 deadline and deemed complete for review.
- Acadia Academy (previously All of ME Academy) (PDF, 24,170 KB)
- Inspire ME Academy (PDF, 19,625 KB)
- Maine Virtual Academy (PDF, 16,662 KB)
Letters of Intent
The following Letters of Intent were received by the June 25, 2014 deadline.
- All of ME Academy, Lewiston/Auburn (PDF, 72 KB)
- Compass Academy of Science and Exploration, Kennebunk (PDF, 129 KB)
- Withdrew - August 22, 2014
- Inspire ME Academy, York County (PDF, 142 KB)
- Maine International Charter School, Southern Maine (PDF, 115 KB)
- Withdrew - July 25, 2014
- Maine Virtual Academy, Statewide; Administrative Offices in Hampden or Portland (PDF, 228 KB)
- Snow Pond Arts Academy, Sidney (PDF, 183 KB)
- Withdrew - July 28, 2014
RFP Informational Meeting
For more information on the 2015-16 RFP and Charter School Application, potential applicants were invited to an informational meeting on June 18, 2014. Notes are listed below.
- Notes (PDF, 162 KB)
- Clarifying Question and Answer - July 16, 2014 (PDF, 70 KB)
- Clarifying Question and Answer - July 18, 2014 (PDF, 72 KB)
- Clarifying Questions and Answers - August 13, 2014 (PDF, 26 KB)
- Request for Proposals (RFP)/Application cycle timeline for fall 2015 school opening
- RFP & Application (RTF, 753 KB)
- Virtual RFP (RTF, 800 KB)
- Intent to Submit Form (RTF, 37 KB)
- Application Executive Summary (RTF, 35 KB)
- Governing Board Member Information Sheet (RTF, 202 KB)
- Tab 9: Performance Indicators, Measures, Metrics and Contract Evaluation Criteria (RTF, 202 KB)
- Tab 19: Projected Enrollment Table (RTF, 69 KB)
- Tab 22: Required Elements – Pre-Opening Plan (RTF, 263 KB)
- Tab 32: Budget (XLS, 116 KB)
- Tab 38: Closure Plan (RTF, 86 KB)
- Reviewer’s Evaluation for Public Charter School Application (RTF, 625 KB)
- Reviewer’s Evaluation for Virtual Public Charter School Application (RTF, 669 KB)
Note: The documents on this page might require additional software for proper viewing. The software are available as free downloads: