Request for Proposals & Charter School Application
Opening School Year 2014-15
Download the following documents in order to complete an application to open and operate a public charter school for the school year 2014-15. Contact MCSC@maine.gov if you encounter any problems with the documents on this page.
Potential applicants must complete the Letter of Intent to Submit a Charter School Application and submit it by Sept. 3, 2013. The Charter School Application is due to the Maine Charter School Commission by 5 p.m. on Dec. 2, 2013.
RFP Informational Meeting
For more information on the 2014-15 RFP and Charter School Application, potential applicants were invited to an informational meeting on August 20, 2013. Questions, responses, notes, and minutes are listed below.
Letters of Intent
The following Letters of Intent were received by the September 3, 2013 deadline.
- Adventures in Learning Academies - Portland
- Birches Montessori School - Central Maine
- Inspire ME Academy - Sanford/Springvale
- Lewiston-Auburn Academy Charter School - Lewiston/Auburn
- Maine Connections Academy - State of Maine (virtual)
- Maine Virtual Academy - State of Maine (virtual)
- Many Hands Montessori School - Windham
The following Applications were received by the December 2, 2013 deadline and deemed complete for review.
- Lewiston-Auburn Academy Charter School (PDF 39,387 KB)
- Maine Connections Academy (PDF 20,917 KB)
- Maine Virtual Academy (PDF 30,490 KB)
- Many Hands Montessori School (PDF 38,393 KB)
- Request for Proposals (RFP)/Application cycle timeline for fall 2014 school opening
- RFP & Application (RTF, 839KB)
- Virtual RFP (RTF, 894KB)
- Letter of Intent criteria
- Application Executive Summary (RTF, 35KB)
- Public Charter School Monitoring Plan (RTF, 110KB)
- Tab 10: Performance Indicators, Measures, Metrics and Contract Evaluation Criteria (RTF, 200KB)
- Tab 20: Projected Enrollment Table (RTF, 65KB)
- Tab 23: Required Elements – Pre-Opening Plan (RTF, 249KB)
- Tab 33: Budget (XLS, 115KB)
- Tab 39: Closure Plan (RTF, 86KB)
- Charter School Special Education Program Approval/Monitoring
- Reviewer’s Evaluation for Public Charter School Application (RTF, 604KB)
- Reviewer’s Evaluation for Virtual Public Charter School Application (RTF, 656KB)
Note: The documents on this page might require additional software for proper viewing. The software are available as free downloads: