Request for Proposals & Charter School Application
School Year 2012-13
Download the following documents in order to complete an application to open a Maine charter school for the 2012-13 school year. Contact MCSC@maine.gov if you encounter any problems with the documents on this page.
The Charter School Application is due to the Maine Charter School Commission by 5 p.m. on June 29. Potential applicants must complete the Intent to Submit a Charter School Application and submit it by May 16.
Potential applicants are invited to a question-and-answer session about the application process:
May 8, 2012
10 a.m. to 12 p.m.
Cross State Office Building (Directions)
Intent to Submit an Application
Due May 16, 2012. Must be completed by all potential applicants.
- Baxter Academy of Technology and Science - PDF (107KB)
- Cornville Regional Charter School - PDF (87KB)
- Fiddlehead - Art & Science School - PDF (84KB)
- John Jenkins Leadership Academy - PDF (95KB)
- Maine Academy of Natural Sciences - PDF (151KB)
- Maine Connections Academy - PDF (95KB)
- Maine Virtual Academy - PDF (94KB)
- Monson Academy - PDF (99KB)
- Rural Aspirations Project - PDF (94KB)
Due June 29, 2012, 5 p.m.
- Request for Proposals & Application: Microsoft Word (188KB) | PDF (209KB)
- Executive Summary (Exhibit A): Microsoft Word (27KB) | PDF (44KB)
- Projected Enrollment Table (Exhibit B): Microsoft Word (45KB) | PDF (26KB)
- Budget Template (Exhibit C): Microsoft Excel (58KB)
- Performance Framework Measures and Metrics (Appendix A): PDF (74KB)
- Maine Connections Academy - Withdrew Application 7/31/2012
- Maine Virtual Academy - Withdrew Application 8/7/2012
- Baxter Academy of Technology and Science - Application PDF (3,697KB)
- Maine Academy of Natural Sciences - Application PDF ( 31,642KB)
- Cornville Regional Charter School - Application PDF ( 38,219KB)
- Fiddlehead School of Arts and Sciences - Application PDF (17,672KB)
- Revised Application (1/17/13) - PDF (24,065KB)
The documents on this page might require additional software for proper viewing. The software is available as free downloads: