Maine Charter School Commission Retreat - October 23, 2012
Cross State Office Building
12:00 noon - 5:00 p.m.
TO: Members of the Maine Charter School Commission
FROM: Jana Lapoint, Chair
DATE: October 18, 2012
RE: October 23, 2012 Maine Charter School Commission Retreat
On Tuesday, October 23, 12:00 noon - 5:00 p.m., at the Cross State Office Building, 111 Sewall Street, Augusta,
Room 400, the Commission will meet in Retreat in accordance with the agenda as outlined below:
- How to avoid the Commission becoming consultants.
- Approach to awarding new contracts this cycle.
- First year of performance and monitoring.
- Local units as authorizers – should we promote this more.
- Initial review of applications for completeness.
- Should we have some influence or say in directing the focus of the next charter schools in terms of populations served.