Maine Charter School Commission Meeting - March 5, 2013
Workshop Session Agenda
Cross State Office Building
9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
TO: Members of the Maine Charter School Commission
FROM: Bob Kautz, Executive Director, Jana Lapoint, Chair
DATE: February 25, 2013
RE: March 5, 2013 Maine Charter School Commission Workshop Session
On Tuesday, March 5, 9:00 am – 12:00 noon, at the Cross State Office Building, 111 Sewall Street, Augusta, Room 103B, the Commission will meet in Workshop Session in accordance with the agenda as outlined below:
- Discussion of Conference Call with NASCA 2/11/13 Kristen Vandawalker, Senior Program Manager, National Association of Charter School Authorizers
2/21/13 Email from Bob; Titled: Sample Documents will be available for Commissioners.
- Discussion: Opportunity for review team and/or review team chair to meet with applicant to discuss rejected applications. I.E. Time frame: Close of voting on the applications to the issuance of the next RFP.
- RFP - Review Team: Bob, Dick, John, Judith, Shelley, William
Meeting Date: to be set.
- Rule Chapters 001 and 002 Public Hearing Friday, April 5.
Reserved Room 104 (2/20/13)
Chapter 001 = 9:00 a.m. – 10:30 a.m.
Chapter 002 = 10:30 a.m. – 12 noon
Sent to Governor’s Office for review and approval: February 21, 2013.
- Update on contract negotiations with:
Baxter Academy for Technology and Sciences
Fiddlehead School of Arts and Sciences
Harpswell Coastal Academy