The Women’s Reentry Center is located at 102 Hogan Road, on the Dorothea Dix Psychiatric Center grounds (formerly Bangor Mental Health Institute) in Bangor.
- Take the Hogan Road exit off I-95.
- If you are coming from the south, turn right at the end of the exit ramp onto Hogan Road.
- From the north, you will turn left onto Hogan Road.
- After you pass United Technologies Center and the fire station, take the next right which puts you on the Dorothea Dix grounds.
- Pass the entrance to the Maine Veterans Home.
- Turn left just beyond that entrance into the parking lot.
- You will walk up the hill toward the building.
- Pass the front door for 106 Hogan Road, and you will see a door directly in front of you. This is 102 Hogan Road.
- Press the button next to the scan card reader labeled “DOC.”
- Be prepared to show your photo identification.
- Once we have confirmed your identification, you will be allowed to enter the building if you are on the approved visitors’ list.
- Take the elevator to the third floor and turn left as you exit the elevator.
- A coat rack will be available in the lobby area for coats.
- Please leave all other personal items, including cell phones, in your car.
- You will need to bring your identification card with you