Check Maine License Status Online
License Verification in Compact States
Information for Licensure by Endorsement from another State
Information for Graduates of Nursing Schools in Canada
The National Council Licensure Examination (NCLEX®) is required for licensure by endorsement as of January 1, 2007.
Information for Graduates of Foreign Nursing Programs (other than Canada)
Application and verification forms are available for download in PDF format. You will need the free Adobe Acrobat Reader to view or print the forms.
Some pages on this site are PDF files and require Adobe ® Reader® for reading. For best accessibility, click here to download the current Adobe Reader.
Make sure you download the appropriate application and verification form. To request printed copies of forms, please contact the Board of Nursing at (207) 287-1133.
Renewing your RN/LPN license in Maine
(Click here for online renewal)
Postcard reminders for renewals are mailed out approximately 2 months prior to the nurse's birthdate (i.e. March renewals are mailed out the last working day of January).
It is important to make sure that we always have a current address for licensees so that they may renew on time. If you have not received your renewal at least 2 weeks prior to your birthdate, please contact our office.
RNs and LPNs MAY RENEW ONLINE.
If you request a paper application to renew, these steps are required:
- Sign the front of the application;
- Answer the 4 questions on the back of the application;
- The required fee is $50.00 for LPNs and $75.00 for RNs.
- Return envelope with enclosures must be received by our office postmarked prior to your birthdate.
- In addition to all of the above, if you have an address change and/or name change, please put it in the space provided on the front of the application (name changes also require a copy of the appropriate legal document).
Reactivating or reinstating your RN/LPN license in Maine
If you wish to reactivate your inactive Maine license or reinstate your lapsed Maine license, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call (207) 287-9946.
Please have available your license number (if known) or your social security number.
- Advanced Practice Information & Application